- Ability to perform advanced troubleshooting for issues such as performance issues (Example: Ability to read IIS logs, SQL traces and potentially code)
- Exposure to navigating Microsoft Windows’ Servers version 2008, 2012 and higher.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL 2008 or higher Server, Query and Profiler.
- Experience using Microsoft SQL 2008 or higher to execute pre-created queries.
- Experience with Microsoft products Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.
- Problem-solving skills to identify the root cause of issues and solve re-occurring technical problems.
Healthcare Industry (Functional) skills
- Hospital processes, procedures and vocabulary
- United States regulatory general understanding
- Familiarity with electronic health record systems
Customer Service Skills
- Flexible schedule to allow for on-call rotation
- Good interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills
- Customer service skills, both written and oral, phone skills and analytical skills
- Work as part of a team as well as independently
- Prioritize and demonstrate time management skills
- Work effectively with customers in high-pressure situations
- Work with the customer directly to clarify requirements from sometimes vague information to ensure the root of the issue is determined.
- Research issues beyond scope to ensure that down-stream impacts are taken into consideration, tested and work-arounds given.
Academic and professional qualifications
- Degree in Computer Science Engineering, Nursing, Pharmacy, Nursing Informatics or combination of equivalent skills and experience in information technology, clinical health care, or health care admissions and financials
- Attained multiple Allscripts and external (i.e. Microsoft) certifications related to SQL, Server technologies, Healthcare Information Technology or Health Care Informatics
- Has 3 - 7 years of either Allscripts experience OR relevant work experience from outside Allscripts depending on if the position is at P2 level (3+ years) or P3 level (5+ years) or P4 level (7+ years).
Good to have :
- Ability to follow and understand clinical workflows for various clinical modules such as but not limited to (Lab/Rad Results, Orders, Medications Reconciliation, Physician Documentation, Meaningful Use, Patient Data)
- Ability react appropriately and confidently with when working on escalated problems when patient care, physician satisfaction and patient safety may be impacted
- Clinical Experience or education a plus but not required (Nursing/Physician/Pharmaceutical, etc.)
- Some travel for business is required
Position requires you to work in 6pm IST to 3am IST shift with adjustments made to this shift based on Daylight Savings etc. Position also may require participation in after-hours and on-call support.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 postacute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged because of their gender, marital or family status, color, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be subject to less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.