Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver worldclass outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide first-level technical support to customers via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g., instant message, email). The incumbent will assess the nature of system or service issues and resolves technical or sophisticated support problems through independent judgement and advanced problem solving skills.
* Support, maintenance and troubleshooting of backups on below mentioned products and communicate any issues found to appropriate audience:
Symantec Backup Exec Tape
Tiger Application backups
Network Area Storage (NAS)
* Support and maintenance and troubleshooting of the Assure Disaster Recovery solution.
* Working experience with Windows Server, MS SQL Server, Backups, etc.
* Work on the alerts received from proactive monitoring tools and prioritize work on them based on the severity of the issue.
* Logs and monitors an Incident Management System (ServiceNow) for work on new and updated requests.
*Serves as customer facing technical resource and works in collaboration with peers and other Allscripts staff as needed to provide effective customer support and issue resolution.
* Support users of the system, troubleshoot any issues with backups, assist with restores and maintenance of Assure disaster recovery solution.
* Quick & professional responsiveness to customer phone calls and email submissions for assistance
* Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices, processes and procedures
* Collects detailed information, performs thorough analysis and relies on experience and judgment to
determine the most effective method of resolution.
Identifies problems and coordinates appropriate corrective action. Identifies and minimizes potential risks.
* Escalates problems to other departments following established procedures.
* Prioritizes and implements approved Assure Disaster Recovery staging solution, Safeguard monitoring tools in client’s environment.
* Excellent prioritization skills to deal with time sensitive customer issues.
* Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
* Interpret system, application and device logs to diagnose and resolve issues.
* Perform routine checking and validating of alerts on proactive monitoring tool to check the current status of the issue and accordingly troubleshoot it appropriately and document the work in the cases.
* Implement preventative measures to identify and evaluate risks proactively and be responsible for researching root cause analysis and preventative measures for service affecting outages, breaches and communicate information to the affected clients.
* Ensure that user account creation, maintenance, and permission assignment policy and procedures are followed to be consistent with company security polices
* MCP on Windows Server or equivalent working experience.
* 1+ years of experience with Windows Server, SQL Server, backup and restore technologies including implementation, configuration, best practice and troubleshooting.
* Experience working in a structured and process-driven environment
* Working knowledge of basic monitoring systems
* Ambitious in a collaborative team oriented environment
* Ability to troubleshoot and solve issues through acquired knowledge independently
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged because of their gender, marital or family status, color, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be subject to less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.