Welcome to Allscripts! Our Mission is to be the most trusted provider of innovative solutions that empower all stakeholders across the healthcare continuum to deliver world class outcomes. Our Vision is a Connected Community of Health that spans continents and borders. With the largest community of clients in healthcare, Allscripts is able to deliver an integrated platform of clinical, financial, connectivity and information solutions to facilitate enhanced collaboration and exchange of critical patient information.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide higher-level technical support to customers via the telephone and/or Internet (e.g., instant message, email). The incumbent will assess the nature of system or service issues and resolves technical or sophisticated support problems through independent judgment and advanced problem solving skills. He or she will also maintain log of system issues and convey customer feedback to product development staff. The incumbent must possess sound knowledge of organization's products and assist field technicians who are troubleshooting problems or repairing products.
* Evaluate, analyze, document and assist Network Operations and Network Element owners to ensure successful utilization of NMS tools
* Troubleshoot TCP/IP connectivity over LAN and WAN links between server and network elements, communicating any issues found to appropriate audience
* Working experience with VPN tunneling, IPS, content filtering, access control, SNMP,
* Identify alarms from network elements via MIBs or other vendor documentation Prioritize the alarms received from the network element and build rule sets to present alarms to users based on the network element severity, parent-child alarm relationships, alarm suppression and document system changes
* Logs and monitors an Incident Management System (ServiceNow) for new and updated requests.
*Serves as customer facing technical resource and works in collaboration with peers and other Allscripts staff as needed to provide effective customer support and issue resolution.
* Support users of the system, troubleshoot any issues with connectivity, browser, or NMS application
* Quick & professional responsiveness to customer phone calls and email submissions for assistance
* Ability to recognize, analyze, and effectively solve problems in a timely and organized manner using industry best practices, processes and procedures
* Collects detailed information, performs thorough analysis and relies on experience and judgment to
determine the most effective method of resolution.
* Monitor and alert on device and performance issues
* Using system analysis techniques responds to the complex network related issues for end users. Identifies problems and coordinates appropriate corrective action. Identifies and minimizes potential risks.
* Escalates problems to other departments following established procedures.
* Prioritizes and implements approved network modifications, programs and other such requests of medium to high complexity.
* Excellent prioritization skills to deal with time sensitive customer issues
* Ability to clearly communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
* Interpret network system report logs, WAN and LAN traffic, and usage to analyze and improve hosted and on premise application usage.
* Perform routine auditing and monitoring of NMS to ensure that it is functioning properly and has all available devices under proper management
* Implement preventative measures to identify and evaluate risks proactively, and be responsible for researching root cause analysis and preventative measures for service affecting outages, breaches and communicate information to the affected network element owner
* Create ad hoc, daily, weekly, and monthly standard reporting from NMS database
* Ensure that user account creation, maintenance, and permission assignment policy and procedures are followed to be consistent with company security polices
* Creates formal documentation including configuration documentation, test documentation, and support documentation.
* Create policies to effectively manage onboarding of new network elements, and set internal customer expectations regarding timelines of integration, and communicate status to project owner
Own designated group related projects and produce documentation, work flow charts/processes and simple training procedures