Allscripts is currently seeking a Senior Manager of Cloud Operations and Managed services to join our Client Delivery Organization. This role will be responsible for building out a robust Azure Operating model Aligned to DevOps, enhanced operational efficiencies across our hosting/non hosting infrastructure, driving world class security, cost optimization/sustainability and resilience of our Azure infrastructure.
- Continuously analyze operational methods using ITIL best practice framework, monitoring tools and support processes to maintain and improve the efficiency and stability of operations.
- Manage a highly skilled team with the ability to switch between personnel management and the more functional technical management, as required. Ability to able to credibly coordinate between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Product support and Cloud Architect Team by providing Operations’ perspective to drive improvement of the product and services with a focus on “ilities”.
- You are expected to minimize risk of disruption and ensure adherence to the SLAs committed to customers, reduce the cost of delivering cloud (Azure) services and drive automation, intelligence and visibility into the cloud (Azure) environment for optimal allocation of company resources.
- You will work cross-functionally with the engineering and customer support teams to optimize the dev-ops process.
- Provide technical and process subject matter expertise for Sales and Field teams for questions that relate to the Cloud Service Offering.
- Provide operational oversight for the onboarding of customers and pre-provisioning support.
- Deliver operational excellence in event management, incident management, problem management, change management, Release management, Asset Management etc.
- Establish repeatable processes and standards in an effort towards achieving the ISO 20000 certification. Perform routine quality audits to minimize SLA violations and achieve a goal of 100% customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships/alignment with partners across the business.
- Develop a strategy, roadmap, and communications plan for the support of client centric dashboards that provide a comparison of actual operating level performance metrics against design standards and Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Track version control across the customer base and in accordance with program management and change control teams, proactively support release management deliverables.
- Point of contact for escalation Management as necessary during all phases of customer support.
- Work with Support organizations during incidents and post-mortem reviews.
- Direct, manage, mentor and coach Leads and other direct reports.
- Oversee the functioning of the Microsoft Azure Operations/Managed Services Operations and assign clear responsibilities and authority to all assigned personnel.
- Define and deliver KPI’s and periodic reports which help provide transparency and affect positive change for operational areas.
- Drive continual improvement through strategic and thoughtful solutions with an automation first attitude.
- Work collaboratively with your peer members to ensure smooth operations and early settlement of misunderstandings. Participate in company strategy sessions.
- Prepare regular technical and executive reports on operational status, planned and/or ongoing initiatives, and strategy for meeting future cloud operational needs.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements that will enhance the usability, stability, and/or security of cloud (Microsoft Azure) infrastructure.
- Collaborate with the vendors to establish/maintain robust and cost-effective equipment and services.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field. Advanced degree highly preferred. Minimum of ten years’ experience in IT, network, operations management as an established technology leader.
- Extensive experience supporting Cloud (Preferably Azure) or PaaS / SaaS production environment in a large/medium scale organization.
- Experience supporting converged infrastructure stacks, including VMware, compute, storage and networking supporting diverse portfolios including multiple business applications.
- Strong management skills, but also be able to dive into the details as needed.
- Experience with Cloud Services and Cloud Automation solutions.
- Ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Experience in data warehousing and high-performance computing environment is a plus.
- Deep understanding of ITIL framework: Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Request management processes.
- Experience working in a 24x7 IT Operations or Network Operations environment.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and workflow by using interpersonal skills to provide a detailed, deadline, and result-oriented organization that motivates and encourages the team to meet their strategic objectives.
- Ability to take on complex systems and processes and drive simplification and improvements.
- Self-Starter who can deal with ambiguity, maintain focus, resolve conflict, drive to clarity and provide innovative solutions.
At Allscripts, our greatest strength comes from bringing together talented people with diverse perspectives to support the technology needs of 180,000 physicians, 1,500 hospitals and 10,000 post-acute organizations across the globe. Allscripts offers a competitive total rewards package, including holidays, vacation, and medical, disability and life insurance.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged because of their gender, marital or family status, color, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age; nor be subject to less favorable treatment or be disadvantaged on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
This is an official Allscripts Job posting. To avoid identity theft, please only consider applying to jobs posted on our official corporate site.